Time for Parents and Patriots to Take Back Our Schools from the “Hate America” Mob!
The URGVS is encouraging Parents and Patriots to run for the school board. Scholarships are provided for interested candidates to attend the “America First” Candidate Bootcamp.
Check out resources to help facilitate conversations about race, including classroom-appropriate lesson plans, guides on how to have tough conversations with peers and students, and more.
- Teaching for Black Lives, Edited By Dyan Watson, Jesse Hagopian, Wayne Au. Rethinking Schools.
- Black Lives Matter at School, website of the national coalition organizing for racial justice in education.
- 2020 Curriculum Resource Guide, BlackLivesMatteratSchool.com
- Creating the Space to Talk about Race in Your School (PDF), National Education Association
- Lessons by grade-level and educator resources, Washington DC Black Lives Matter
- Classroom Activities, Circle Scripts, and Promoting Positive School Climate, Rochester City School District
- Black Lives Matter Week of Action in Schools – Schedule and Resources, DC Area Educators for Social Justice
- Discussing Race, Racism and Other Difficult Topics With Students, NEA and Teaching Tolerance Webinar
- Free resources from the book “Teaching for Black Lives,” Rethinking Schools
- Teaching Guide, Seattle Education Association
- Classroom Lessons, Seattle Education Association